Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Blog 6: "Reflection after Exam 1"

Blog 6: "Reflection after Exam 1"

 

Questionaire between Exam 1 & Myself

Exam 1: How many chapters was I consisted of?

Me: You were consisted of chapters 1 through 6, by the way, when i saw that on the syllabus I thought I was going to literally die, but instead I got sick!          

Exam 1: Wow! I hope you feel better now as we speak (laughs aloud)

Me: Yes, yes I do. All i needed was some sleep. I did just that after I finished you in class and I felt back to myself in no time

Exam 1: Good to hear :). Soooo...how prepared were you to take me on friday?

Me: Much much prepared, there were 4 words on the test i really didn't know but i do recall Professor V. lecturing on them in class before, so I should've focused more on them as well as I did with the others you know

Exam 1: Mmmm interesting, okay. So what chapter (s) do you feel were your strength on the exam?

Me: Uhmmm, i would have to say Chapters 1, 4, 5 and 6...I was a little shabby when it came to 2 and 3, but I felt confident in them all though

Exam 1: How would you rate the fairness in the exam?

Me: It was very fair, I actually enjoyed it a lot

Exam 1: How did you go about preapring for the exam?

Me: Well I've decided that since this is a science class and we will have a cummultive exam at the end of the semester, I should prioritize myself early and study the chapters one by one. Being that I ended up getting sick, it procrastinated my studying a bit though. So I ended up getting a 'C' on my Quiz on monday than the B i've intended on getting. With that said, I studied Chapter 6 to a T and the night before the exam, I started to feel a bit better but still was sick as ever but I pushed to study them all and I did. Even on the morning of the exam, I was still learning new things and reviewing. I must say I've enjoyed taking you.

Exam 1: Good to hear! Did you study alone or with others?

Me: To be honest, I studied a lone. My sister wanted to study together, but I study well by myself and teaching myself. I studied well with others when I know the material thoroughly, not when I am now learning it and is 50/50 on the material at hand.

Exam 1: Does this class help you with other classes?

Me: Yes it actually does! I am currently taking Medical Terminology and Organic Chemistry which all related with Microbiology in some way, atleast they all help me.

Exam 1: That's a lot of major classes for one semester, but good for you. What kind of learner are you?

Me: I am a visual learning, which then compliments my photographic memory. My photographic memory is amazing, sometimes I have no words for it, like, in terms of describing it, its sooo amazing, i am left speechless sometimes

Exam 1: Do you find having a phtotgraphic memory to be an advantage? And do you find it of benefit to your learning?

Me: People ask me this a lot. And of course! Having a photographic memory has its major perks beyond what you know of it. The con about having it though, is that depending on how you store that memory, it can become a short term memory which is of no use. And it doesn't teach you anything, it just gives you the answers. It will not come in handy when I am in a clinical setting because having to mentally flip through pages is not an assertive act as a nurse and will only delay my processing. And as far as it being an advantage, I would say yes and no. Yes because it stores all the answers to an exam or quiz. And no, because its a memory frame that someone can't help having, neither is it considered a form of cheating. If your brain does its job at storing information that you give it, it doesn't give you an advantage at all because at the end other day, everyone's brain does that

Exam 1: What assignment (s) do you find challenging in the class? And what assignments do you find not challenging at all?

Me: Well, i like that Professor V. gives us a lot of assignments as though we have no other classes (laugh aloud) but...it does come to our benfit in so many ways that it doesn't. I must say I really don't understand why my classmates complain about the work load when really its helping us both learning and grade wise. I don't really find anything in lecture nor the assignments challenging. I enjoy doing them all and her critique is challenging to many but i love the push it gives me to do better next time. I actually didn't think I would favor this class at all. Especially with it being my weakenss in the beginning. I love doing the blogs, i love going to class to hear her lecture because its so intriguing and informative to my brain, i love doing the pathogens and the articles thus far.

Exam 1: Do you like lab or lecture the most?

Me: I personally dislike lab from every angle its presented! I am always confused in there. To me, my chemistry lab is way more structures, informed and taught. The book in microbiology says one thing and the lab is led another way. To describe how miserable I am in my microbiology lab, words can't explain. I would rather have lecture instead of lab.

Exam 1: Wow! Well lab compliments your lecture notes. Its the hands on part of your lecture that helps you to further understand your lecture class and its consisted materials. But just hang in there and continue the great job Ms. Booker. This interview has come to a closing and I will meet with you again for another blog after you've completed Exam #2. Enjoy!

Me: Will do and thank you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment