Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Blog 5- Encounter

"MY PERSONAL ENCOUNTER WITH FUNGUS!"
Written by: Bryoni Booker

      It all started with my little brother, he came home with this strange bald spot in his head and my family all ruled out what it could have possibly been. Since my mother is the professional Nurse in the house, we looked to her for further investigation as to what his new condition could have been. After a while of examining his head, my mother then confirmed that my little brother has a fungi infection and immediately she decided to get him treatment from a nearby CVS. As the week went on, my sister, of whom I share room with, started having these strange round and cocci shaped mini bumps on her skin and once again my mother confirmed she got it from my mother. At this point, I was completely grossed out at the sight of it and I was sure to catch it.
       My sister went to see a dermatologist immediately after she began to be annoyed at the random outbreaks of this infection. Strangely it spread to one of the knot on her collar bone, her thigh and her hands. Her dermatologist informed my sister that the infection is very contagious causing it to be easily spread from person to person if not treated with care and cautiousness. My sister received a prescription called "Ketoconazole". She used it and both her and my little brother were cleaned of the infection until I accidently wiped my sister's towel on my hand when rushing out of the house.
      It was not until I got home that I felt the itch and decided to look at what area i was itching at and I saw  the same formation i saw on my sister a few days ago appearing in that area. I was terrible and the hair on my skin felt strange with irritation and uncomfortness just at the sight of this infection. I showed my mother and she insisted that I use the remaining treatment my siblings both used during their infection. The treatment works great and it left. I must confessed, I itched it even though my mother told me not too. I was so disgusted by the sight of it that I woke up in the middle of the nights to treat it with the cream. This experience was an awful one and I was very annoyed with it presence in every way shape and form.

Check out the images below that I've taken when the fungus started to heal a bit.

RIGHT THIGH


LEFT THIGH


RIGHT WRIST


TREATMENT: 'KETOCONAZOLE'

No comments:

Post a Comment